Monday 28 October 2013

Operation:

Because I have terrible self-image (especially in the physical appearance arena), I'm going to make a list of my positive physical attributes which I usually ignore in favour of weeping over other things. They are not very plentiful.

1) Hair
- My hair is so straight my friends think I had it re-bonded.
- In the sun, the individual strands of my hair shine like burnished copper.
- The shape of my hair is uncommon when I plait it.

2) Face
- I have a nose bridge (which one of my friends is insanely jealous over).
- I have eyebrows. Although they do look more like angry, hairy black caterpillars.
- I have a relatively slim face.
- My teeth are naturally aligned nicely, even if my incisors still have a curly edge as if they'd been cut by a child's patterned scissors.

3) Body
- I am fairly well proportioned.
- I have a relatively slim and long neck.
- I am not missing any body parts or internal organs (YES!).
- My body-fat ratio is consistent with an athlete's even though I haven't exercised outside of stipulated PE lessons and weekly ballet lessons since I was 12.

4) Arms
- My fingers are narrow. They are, in fact, bony, which is my preference, but some people don't like them that way.
- The nails on my fingers are large, long, and taper elegantly into an end.
- My nails look beautiful without nail polish.
- My wrists are thin and bony. Again, my personal preference.
- I have slim upper arms despite being an artist and writing many essays.

5) Legs
- My ankles are bony and the tendons at the back are prominent-ish. Once more, personal preference.
- There is very little fat content in my calves; they are predominantly muscle and bone.

6) Miscellaneous quirks
- I'm certain there are more moles on my right arm than the rest of my body put together. This is possibly only interesting to me.
- One of my canines is conical, which strikes me as highly unique.