Friday 5 July 2013

Make-a-List Day 3

I'm not even going to bother explaining myself anymore.

Words with less than 4 syllables that most people have never heard of
1) Eyot
2) Ablution
3) Moribund
4) Sacrosanct
5) Amaranthe

Words that mean different things to different people
1) Orbital: orbit route vs. area around an atom with certain probability of finding an electron
2) Unionised: recruitment for union vs. deionise
3) Gravity: importance vs. weak force
4) Shell: cockles vs. electron shells
5) Evolve: Pokemon vs. change in allele frequency

Words I think are catchy
1) Dodecahedron
2) Isle
3) Hannibal
4) Isosceles
5) Vignette

Names I will not give a child
1) Diarrhoea
2) Mary-Jane (alternatively, Mary-Sue)
3) Ching Chong Ching Chang Chong
4) John
5) India

Names I would give a child
1) Lucille
2) Esmeralda
3) Ian
4) Will
5) Sabriel